Saturday, August 1, 2009

Camp Day 12 – Saturday August 1 (prep for closing ceremony)




Breakfast started at 8:30am, an hour later than usual after the dance marathon last night. Then we had 20 minute sessions with each of the six groups of students, to review what we had covered in camp. For some reason, my laptop wouldn’t work with the data projector, so I had to make a last minute change of plans. I handed out file cards to the students and asked them to write about the camp, themselves, anything in English. Most were still writing when they had to go to the next class, so I told them they could finish them later and give them to me. I really enjoyed reading the ones I got so far. They were very complimentary, in broken English, but in English nonetheless.
This is our last night at the current camp site. We leave for a new location tomorrow morning.


We had a Halloween party in the evening. Well, first the students practiced for the closing ceremonies, then we had a Halloween party. We began with musical chairs for 100 people, and played games with balloons. We also carved jack o’ lanterns, using watermelons. Everyone had a great time; we didn’t pack things up until 1 am. Morning will come quickly.

-Paul Stinson

No comments:

Post a Comment