Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My daughter left me with strangers in China - Home stay family #2 (Sunday July 19)

Chinese parents of students involved with the camp and the school here have requested another home stay, and the Canadian kids all want to do it again. So Sky abandoned me today.

Today was not much fun, but we made up for it in the evening at a karaoke bar. It is hard to describe. The place was on the 5 floor of a building. We stepped off the elevator into a large open area kind of like the foyer of a high end hotel, and there were hallways leading off in all directions with open lounging areas with couches and dozens and dozens of doors to private karaoke rooms, where you sang, danced around, and were served beverages and fruit and peanuts. We got back to the hotel early (the next morning, that is).

Sky here.

At my 2nd home stay I got an umbrella, went to a park, and went swimming.
I got the umbrella at the market, and won 2 prizes at the park. At the park we went on a bike ride thing, then we went on a floaty bubble thing and a boat (the floaty bubble thing was a hollow sphere. The boat was for one person at a time). We went on a roller coaster thing, and we went to a balloon booth where we had to pop balloons(that’s where I won the 2 prizes.)
We went swimming from 9:00-11:00 (7:00-9:00 your time.)
My home stay friend was Hu. She is about 13 years old and very nice.

A message from Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment