Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Camp Day 9 – Wednesday July 29 (routine?)



Almost getting into a routine now, even though part of the routine is confusion and miscommunication/lack of information. Some is relatively minor, such as not knowing what group I will be instructing until they walk in, but some are a bit bigger, such as not knowing where the last day or two of camp will be actually held. So far, everything has worked out, even if last minute or in some unexpected or compromised way, so I will keep operating with the assumption that everything will continue to work out.

In classes, I let students go through my scrapbooks and yearbooks to practice their English, and toured the camp facilities to describe and write up what they see. Some campers are still a bit shy about their English, and some were a bit tired, but I am really enjoying the progress they are making in their English and confidence.

In the evening, Brent and Joyce addressed some concerns with camper behaviour to make sure that the last week of camp goes well. Aron and I went awol briefly for a trail hike and returned without any poisonous stings or bites (okay, Aron was attacked by a colony of ants, but it was his own fault), and I still had some time to catch up on my journal before bed.

Sky has been attending almost nightly birthday parties with the other girls in the camp until, well, let's say later than her bedtime back home, so I suggested she go to bed a bit earlier tonight. Tonight, that will be 10pm local time, 8am this morning Craik time.

No comments:

Post a Comment