Sunday, July 26, 2009

Camp Day 4 – Friday July 24 (early morning hike, first class cycle complete, movie night)


Missed camp breakfast again, but I have a supply of fruit and cookies for situations like this. Instead, I went for an early hike outside the camp facilities to see what I could see. I had my GPS with me so I couldn’t get lost (well, unless the batteries died), but no translator. I snooped at some people’s gardens, and narrowly escaped becoming food for some dogs (which is ironic here, since one evening I think I might have inadvertently eaten some dog at one restaurant last week. Or maybe that would be better called poetic justice).

This afternoon I had class with the sixth group of campers here. Instead of using my same lesson as before though, introduced my second lesson so I could see how it went before committing to run all the groups through it. The main idea is to tour the camp, and write notes in English on what you observe. It went well, but was cut short by an thunderstorm. The rain wouldn’t have been a problem except for their journals, which I didn’t want to get too wet.

In the evening, we watched Blue Planet. I ducked out to catch up on some rest. Instead, one of the boys asked if I would listen to some of his music, which I did, and it was a nice way to spend some down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment